Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Valentine


After I delivered the new paintings to the Sherry French gallery, I thought I could take a breather. I'd just about finished the most recent portrait for the Lost Dreams project and I wouldn't have to bring anything up to New York until the end of March. But then I got a call from Richard Rosenfeld who had an unexpected opening in his schedule. Could I be ready for a show in March?Yipes. Richard is a wonderful guy and I haven't shown at the Rosenfeld Gallery for a few years so of course, I said yes. Then Sherry French asked for another painting for the February show. Suddenly I was frantic again. But I did this little painting in two days. I might have spent more time on it, added a bit more glazing, but it's perfect for a last minute gift and it was a lot of fun to do. 

No comments: