Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Beautiful Day


Was it Toad or Ratty who said, "Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." ? The only thing better is to spend the morning painting at a friend's farm, then taking a break to paddle about in a small boat. On Saturday, the art group I belong to got together to paint outside. The location was spectacular, and the company even better. Here are Alice Dustin and Renee Daily enjoying a Wind in the Willows moment.

I've never been comfortable painting en plein aire, but I brought my new camera and had a great time taking photographs. I expect to get several paintings out of the day's pictures.

2 comments:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Gorgeous! It was a beautiful day...the kind you wish had an extra six hours tucked into it somewhere.

Barbara said...

Eliza, I'm so glad to have a moment to look over your blog. Blogs are intimate and powerful. It's great reading your descriptions of the thoughts and problems occuring during the creative process.