Monday, June 2, 2008

Welcome to My Studio


There's a phenomenon familiar to most artists who exhibit their paintings. There's a mad intense push to complete the work, frame it, get it hung, celebrate at the opening - and then the crash. And that's where I am right now. My One person show at Sherry French Gallery just came down. It was a wonderful opportunity. It was exciting to start exhibiting in New York City and I was delighted to be written up in the Chelsea Clinton News  by Joe Bendik. The painting above, "Path to the Beach" is one of the paintings included in the May show.

But now, here I am, laid low with a serious case of post show lethargy. It's time to try something new. Like this blog.

Let me introduce myself. I'm a realist painter. I paint landscapes. I have a studio in the Manyunk neighborhood of Philadelphia. I'm going to talk about my work and my life as an artist. I may show how I work through the process of doing a painting. I may talk about what I'm reading or what shows I'm seeing. Of course, I may veer into the personal or the political - but isn't that what all blogs do ? 

And, welcome to my studio. 

1 comment:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Go Eliza! I am so thrilled you've broken into print, er, blog. This going to be great!